Read. Penelope.

Penelope by Rebecca Harrington


From Amazon: When Penelope O’Shaunessy, “an incoming freshman of average height and lank hair” steps into Harvard Yard for the first time she has lots of advice from her mother: "Don't be too enthusiastic, don't talk to people who seem to be getting annoyed, and for heaven's sake, stop playing Tetris on your phone at parties." Penelope needs this advice. She is the kind of girl who passes through much of her life with coffee spilled on her white shirt, who can't quite tell when people are joking, and who, inevitably, always says the wrong thing. But no amount of coaching will prepare Penelope for the people she meets at school. 
 
Another stumbled upon book. Judged and chosen because it was a large paperback and I liked the cover. The author doesn't have or at least I couldn't find a website. This was her first book. 
I found that I could relate to the character in a lot of ways and I think that is one of the main reasons I couldn't put it down. There was hope that things would change for her and they didn't really. Having already been through college it brought back some memories. Of course there are things I know now that I wish I knew then. It's nice to see that I wasn't alone.
This book had more "F" bombs than I prefer. Specifically in 2 different conversations. No smut which was awesome. 

Comments

Popular Posts