What I Just Read

Meet June Parker.  She works for L.A. Rideshare, adores her rent-stabilized apartment in Santa Monica, and struggles with losing a few pesky pounds.  
But June’s life is about to change.
After a dark turn of events involving Weight Watchers, a chili recipe and a car accident in which her passenger, Marissa, dies, June finds herself in possession of a list, “20 Things to Do By My 25th Birthday.”  Even though they barely knew each other, June is compelled by both guilt and a desire to set things right to finish the list for Marissa.
The tasks before her range from inspiring (Run a 5K), to daring (Go braless), to near-impossible (Change someone’s life), and as June races to achieve each goal before the deadline, she learns more about her own life than she ever bargained for.
I stumbled upon this book while going back to my old technique of looking at every book in the stacks for a large paperback. I was actually looking for a particular book I had read a long time ago. I did find it but she still only had one book on the shelf.  I think I had seen this one before but must have forgotten about it. 

It was a fun read. I breezed right through it. Clean too! Just a wee bit of language with five or less sporadic F bombs. Totally worth overlooking those. I will definitely find and read the rest of her books.

Comments

Popular Posts