HIke: Scout Falls

We decided to finally buy a pass to enter American Fork Canyon. I know, I know, it's only $6 but I just don't feel like I should have to pay to hike in my own back yard. Either way, we thought we would get our moneys worth out of it so this is Hike #1 of 3.

There isn't actually a real sign telling you were Scout Falls is but someone had taped one up on the side of the little ranger station with an arrow. Online it tells you to go to the Timpanoke trail head but there were several different trail heads leaving from that parking lot. Thank you to the person that put up the little sign. You also sign in and out on a log sheet. 


It was an actual single line trail which is very nice. Along the way there were several little waterfalls and spots where you had to cross a creek.

This was the view back over the meadow that we went around (not through). It was a very pretty hike.

I approached the falls the wrong way. I climbed up a bunch of rocks because I didn't know that the trail had turned until it was too late. Either way, it was sketchy at the top. 



 I carefully crossed over to the other side where you can get a good picture of the falls. They weren't nearly as big as I had thought from the pictures I had seen online. They were about 30ft but there wasn't much water. Good mist though.



I took a few scenic shots on the way back and saw one deer down in the meadow. It was a beautiful evening. I'd give this hike only 4 out of 5 stars because of where the trail gets a little iffy at the top. On the actual trail, which I only took on the way back (we think), there's a tangle of tree roots that you have to climb up/down. Maybe I was still on the wrong trail?

Comments

Popular Posts