Hike: Bonneville Shoreline Trail - Y to Oregon Ave


This is the first section of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail that we tried. I had only been on it once before many years ago when I rode my bike in the afternoon on a very hot day.

This was a very nice hike along the base of the mountain from the Y Trail head to Slate Canyon Trail head to the Oregon Trail head. It has some single and double track areas. We parked at the Y and we both hiked to Slate Canyon where I kept going and my brother turned back for the car. The connection is a little tricky at Slate Canyon Park where you want to cut through the parking lot to get to the next path. Again, poorly marked trails here in Utah County. I actually took what was called a goat path instead of the real path so it was a little sketchy for a bit and then it was very nice. Since I was heading south east I almost forgot to turn around to get a picture of the sunset. I ended up getting off the path just before the Oregon Avenue trail head because I didn't know it was there. It would have been easier if I did since my brother could have driven right too it rather than me having to walk down through the field to the car. Each section of the trail is about 1.5 miles so we each did about 3 miles. This is a great evening hike.

Comments

Popular Posts