After a somewhat recent post about Lamby and his leg I decided to finally tackle the toy hospital. Here's the before picture of all of the dirty injured toys. I toss them in the cabinet above the fridge until I feel like mending them. It has been years. My boys are very good at not tearing up their toys so these ended up here unintentionally. I make sure that none of their toys have hard pieces (usually eyes and noses).
It doesn't appear so in the previous picture but there were quite a few toys up there so I borrowed the recycle bin for a bit. Clearly something interesting was going on here.
Here's Mick waiting patiently and inspecting the toys. These are all new to him. It was Max that put them in the hospital due to poor construction or hearty play.
This is a sample of one of my quick fixes. I used a curved needle and some heavy nylon thread. Don't worry, I check the toys regularly so the thread won't be a problem any more than the original thread used on the toys and I can't have a defluffing or the toy ends up in the trash. Notice Mick watching me. This was what it was like the whole time.
Here's Mick again. He can't believe how many toys there are now. They have all been through the wash and put back into circulation. This is a pic of all of the toys. The boys regularly play with most of them. I put the toys back in the bin every day and I end up with a variety of toys each day though there are some favorites that I just leave out. Max taught Mick well.
PS. Lamby didn't end up in the repair bucket and is still without a leg. Both are played with regularly.