Cook: Chicken Noodle Soup

My sister gave me some soup one day and kept telling me how she boils the carcass of a rotisserie chicken to make the stock. I finally got around to doing it and now it's a regular thing. If I get a rotisserie chicken the carcass must be boiled. You simply bring the carcass to a boil and then simmer it for about 8 hours. I fill a few containers for the freezer and they're ready for whenever. It is so nice. My recipe is very simple.

For the first batch I usually end up using the leftover chicken from the original carcass.

Julie's Chicken Noodle Soup
2 Quarts Chicken Stock
1 C Onion Diced (frozen or fresh)
1-1/2 Stalks Celery Diced (I'm looking into freezing this)
1 C Carrots (frozen or fresh)
1 Tbsp Parsley
1/4 lb. Kluski Amish Egg Noodles (it makes a difference)
Sea Salt to taste (seems like you're adding a lot)
Pepper

Boil Chicken in Broth, remove chicken and boil broth and veggies. Add noodles and herbs. Simmer.

NO BULLION!

Comments

Popular Posts