Getting Fit: My Fitness Pal


Earlier this week I joined MyFitnessPal.com. I had heard of it before but wasn't inclined to join. Two weeks ago I joined a Dietbet. I follow Chris Powell on facebook and he and his wife posted that they were about to start one. For some reason it caught my eye and so after a day of contemplating I decided to go for it. 

Basically you submit a bet (in this case $30) and then you attempt to lose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks. When it's all over everyone that has participated and won splits the pot (less fees to pay the judges and such). The pot is currently over $119K. Sure there are also 3900+ players but from checking out past Dietbets it looks like the average number if winners is about half or less.  My goal beyond weight loss of course is to get my money back and I plan to join another one for sure. 

I took my before/weigh in photo standing on a scale in what they call airport attire (gym shorts and a T-shirt) and included a picture of my weight on the scale (required). Once you get verified you begin. 

My first week was pretty much a failure. I spent the majority of the week at the BYU National Dancesport competition and munched on trail mix. I guess it was a bad idea. I gained and so it was time to get serious. I started Carb Cycling (not super strict) and counting my calories and tracking my food and exercise on MyFitnessPal. It also helps that I have a good friend doing it with me. As of this post I am down 2.2lbs. If you see this a few days later I hope that the number on the ticker has increased. I am doing very well and going strong and I couldn't be happier right now with my success. 

Comments

Popular Posts