Pittsburgh. Fallingwater

Today we took a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater. The tickets were purchased in advance since I found out several years ago that you can't just show up.

This angle shows the stairs coming down from the main living area that suspend right over the river. It would be so nice to sit there with my feet in the water. There was also a pool off of the guest house that was naturally filling with spring water. Nice.

The house was really neat but the individual rooms were too small and dark for me. It was meant to draw you to the outside through the windows and patios. I loved all the windows and the natural aspects of it. You were not allowed to take pictures while inside the house. 

I took this picture from the observation area after the tour. We were lucky enough to be in the second to last tour and so that the majority of the visitors were already gone. Beautiful. 

Comments

Popular Posts