Read. Lakeshore Chronicles #1

Summer at Willow Lake by Susan Wiggs

(Lakeshore Chronicles #1)

Summer at Willow Lake

Olivia Bellamy has traded her trendy Manhattan life for a summer renovating her family's crumbling holiday resort. Tempted by the hazy, nostalgic memories of summers past - childhood innocence and the romance and rivalries of her teens - it's the perfect place to flee after her broken engagement. But what began as an escape may just be a new beginning...As Olivia uncovers secrets buried thick with dust, one by one her family return, their lives as frayed at the edges as the resort.



This book series was recommended by my friend Tami. As I have mentioned before, I like to read books in their published order and it is even better if there's a series involved! This one has nine in it! Thank you Tami!

I was a little hesitant because this book was found in the "Romance" section. I love a good girl meets boy happy ending story but we all know what a risk it is getting one from the romance section. I'm happy to say that this book did not include those scenes you imagine a book having that has come from this section. Sure there was love but they left out the "details". Thank goodness! I must warn you as always that there were a few "F" bombs but I think it was in my less than five category. 

If you ever went to camp, family or sleep away, this is a fun read. She makes you feel like you're back there again. I've already checked out the next one and I plan to start it ASAP.

Comments

Popular Posts