Christmas Tree 2012

I was on the fence about whether or not to bother with a Christmas Tree this year. I skipped it in PA my first year out there and then found a small tree at a thrift store for $3 the following year so I had no excuses and by then I was feeling a little more at home.

Last week or so I pulled out a few of the items including the tree and it sat here in the living room with nothing but lights on it. I had left them on there when I shoved the tree back in it's box. I prefer a real tree but didn't want to pay for it this time around and FYI, I have just as many needles to clean up from a fake tree.

Tonight I decided to decorate it. I have been using the same ornaments for many years now and I love them. I use very small and even smaller glossy white and red shiny bulbs even when I get my big real tree, lots of white lights, some bead garland, little home made cinnamon gingerbread men, a bell for that angel and a few antique ornaments. I have about 8 of the candy canes that have been in my family quite a while and the small plastic icicles that I believe I found at a thrift store.

Here's a pic of the same tree from last year:

Comments

  1. Oh, that is such a pretty little tree! Now that I have seen the actual thing (before decorations) just sitting there so lonely waiting to be included for Christmas... I can testify how "little" it really is! 'Tiny' might be a better word for it... Anyway, I am so glad you finally decorated it!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts