Tuesday, August 7, 2012
I saw the idea on Pinterest and decided that these would be great for my brother, hence his name mixed in there. Strangely enough, the idea comes from intimateweddings.com. I find that odd. They used 5x5 but I decided to do 4x4.
See, I don't follow directions but mostly because I know how to do what they've done just by looking at it. I'm lucky that way. Here's what I did which appears to be slightly different than what they did.
I got some cork from a big box crafty type store and cut it down to size using my super duper cutter from Stampin' Up! Then I used wood glue and a Popsicle stick to adhere the letters to the cork. Put a thin layer of glue on the cork and then a thin layer on the back of the letter because glue sticks to glue. I also plan to spray them with clear acrylic.
Note: I purchased 2 incomplete games at a thrift store. There's no need to ruin a perfectly good game. I was even able to give 3 letters to my sister to fix her incomplete game.