My Easy Clean Up Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been using the same recipe for many years(20+). Basically since high school when I altered the Nestle Toll House recipe to my liking. It started with reducing the amount of butter to 3/4 cup (Tupperware carries these) and then changing it to Crisco which I learned from the family that I babysat for.  

Somewhere along the line I realized that the only measuring cup that wasn't 3/4 was the flour and after mentioning this to my dad (math head) he said that 3 * 3/4 cups is the same thing as 2 1/4. Perfect! That officially made this the easy clean up recipe! You only use 1 measuring cup! I'm in!
I spent many years making these for friends and boys throughout the years. They were requested often and eaten within minutes of delivery so I had absolutely no reason to find a different recipe. 

Julie's Easy Clean Up Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 Eggs
3/4 Cup Crisco (Butter Flavored or Regular)
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (I prefer dark)
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking Soda
Cream the above ingredients and then add:
3 - 3/4 Cups Flour (That means 3/4 Cups 3 times to equal 2 1/4 Cups)
3/4 Bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (or the whole bag if you prefer)
3/4 Chopped Walnuts Optional
Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes
Makes about 3 dozen

All you have to clean is a 3/4 measuring cup, a measuring spoon, a mixing bowl, a rubber spatula and a cookie sheet. I highly recommend using a baking stone, a Kitchen Aid mixer and serving them with OJ.

Comments

Popular Posts