Garden Prep Progress

This was my garden spot before. I removed the fence to extend it across the back of the house since it wasn't getting sun any longer. There's a tree that grew on the property line that blocks the majority of the afternoon sun.

Here is what my plan looks like. I'll fill in the fence, clear the grass, move the bush (you can barely see it) and put in a garden box. I also need to put a gutter on the house.

I began pulling the grass last week. Just me and The Claw digging and pulling the grass every morning until the sun got too hot. I found lots of nails, 2 extra large chunks of concrete and a silver nickel.

I'm done pulling grass(in this spot anyway) but it appears that Max still wants to help. He's really not a digger, he just gets crazy sometimes and digs and spins and runs and repeats. I guess we were both excited that I was finally done with this part of the project.

Next on the list is the gutter, fence, garden box and mixing in Nutri-mulch for now and in no particular order. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.


Comments

  1. Wow! You are really digging in to this project! Hahaha :-) Seriously, a lot of work going on there. It's going to be a great garden.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts