Mmmm. Banana Bread

I was at a stamping event (with other Stampin' Up! demonstrators) when I first tasted this banana bread. It was fabulous so I asked my friend for the recipe. Finally a recipe that tastes like bananas instead of shortening! I have since thrown out all other banana bread recipes and I intend to try this with pumpkin too.

Banana Bread Recipe
from the kitchen of Melanie's Grandma
3 or 4 smashed Bananas (over ripened)
2 Eggs
1 1/2 cups Sugar
3/4 cup Milk
1/2 cup Crisco (melted)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 cup chopped Nuts (optional)

Grease (I sprayed) and flour the pan.
Bake at 350 degrees until pick comes out clean
20 min for 12 muffins in baking stone
35-40 min for 3 mini non-stick loaf pans
45 min for 2 loaf pans

Wait, what's this hotel key card all about? I found the perfect thing to slice the edges from the pan without messing up the loaf or the non-stick pan. They fell right out. Awesome. You don't need to worry about the arrow though. You can use it in either direction. Ha.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts