That really works?

Several years ago, I won a TV/DVD combo at a work picnic. It is a Westinghouse 26" SK-26H570D.

Recently, the DVD player began giving me some problems. When I put a DVD in and it makes a repetitive sound and then says "No Disc".  I had tried everything. At first, what worked (I thought) was spraying a can of air in the slot but as it turns out... I don't think that was it. I think it was the air straw doing something to where the disc enters the player.

Like I said, I've tried everything and since I thought there was a lose string from the little brush like thing at the entrance I took my bone folder (craft tool) and ran it back and forth. Hmm. It works now? Yep! Not every time of course, I still get the "No Disc" thing sometimes so I stick the bone folder in the front just a little and run it back and forth pretty fast.

I'll try to update this post with a quick video. I know others have this problem and so with proper tagging, I hope they find the answer here so I don't have to join a fix-it forum. Meanwhile, I'm watching a movie. :)

Comments

Popular Posts