Table for One

One day, while sitting on my porch, I saw my neighbor going by with this little table. She was taking it to the dumpster so I asked her if I could have it. What I really need is a kitchen/work table. Hmmm. Many months have past and I decided that all I need to do is find some longer legs.

I went to the ReStore in Irwin after work yesterday and found these blue legs. Not quite what I had in mind but they work. The tops were on an angle so I had to go to Lowe's and buy a saw. I also got some nuts and black spray paint. It has rained all day so we'll call this a rainy day project.

Here's the table with the blue legs after I sawed the tops of the legs so that they'd fit.They want to angle in so I may need to make some future adjustments but it also doesn't help that it's on carpet.

Done! I spray painted it outside on some brown paper (thank you Stampin' Up!). It's still a little tacky to the touch but like I said, it has been raining all day and now that it's getting dark, I thought I'd bring it inside so that I could get high from the fumes.

Coffee Table: Free
Blue Legs: $2
Black Spray Paint: $1
Making something new out of something old and achieving a wonderful feeling of accomplishment: Priceless.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts