Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall Burlap Wreath


Here's what I started with: 2 small fall decor assortments, some burlap strips and a hanger. I later added the ripped strips of the cream fabric to hid the hanger because I didn't buy enough burlap and didn't want to go back to the store. This was all under $3.


Here's what I made. I bent the hanger into a circle and then used it like a big needle and "sewed" the burlap onto it. Then I tucked the fabric around each spot where the hanger showed. It creates a sewn look but like I said, I was only trying to hide the hanger. The fall decor pieces are just stuck into the loops of fabric. I may sew them on with some burlap strands later.

The wreath is hung on the door with a piece of fishing line that goes over the door. I used packaging tape to secure it to the back. It's clear, you can't see it.

I was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Quilt top NOT done

This is the top to my new bed quilt. I wanted something with some Autumn tones and for some reason at the time decided to throw in some turquoise and yellow. I love it. I saw a similar pattern on the cover of a magazine. The back will have 3 or more panels of the same pieces on the front. I haven't decided on the binding yet and I plan to quilt it myself on my Bernina.

It wasn't until I saw this photo just now as I was posting that the last 3 rows to your right are wrong! Argh! Upside down! At least it's an easy fix. I could have sworn it was right. Heck it's been hanging there since Sunday morning!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Elmo and the Nylabone

It was about time that Max got a new Nylabone. It was more expensive than usual but oh well. He deserves it. He is has been a good boy.

I also picked Elmo up at the Goodwill. Max is very good with stuffed toys as long as there aren't any hard pieces like eyes or noses. He will have the same ones for years. I used to find these Elmo's for Buster all the time. This particular one looks like he might want some of that Nylabone.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Table for One

One day, while sitting on my porch, I saw my neighbor going by with this little table. She was taking it to the dumpster so I asked her if I could have it. What I really need is a kitchen/work table. Hmmm. Many months have past and I decided that all I need to do is find some longer legs.

I went to the ReStore in Irwin after work yesterday and found these blue legs. Not quite what I had in mind but they work. The tops were on an angle so I had to go to Lowe's and buy a saw. I also got some nuts and black spray paint. It has rained all day so we'll call this a rainy day project.

Here's the table with the blue legs after I sawed the tops of the legs so that they'd fit.They want to angle in so I may need to make some future adjustments but it also doesn't help that it's on carpet.

Done! I spray painted it outside on some brown paper (thank you Stampin' Up!). It's still a little tacky to the touch but like I said, it has been raining all day and now that it's getting dark, I thought I'd bring it inside so that I could get high from the fumes.

Coffee Table: Free
Blue Legs: $2
Black Spray Paint: $1
Making something new out of something old and achieving a wonderful feeling of accomplishment: Priceless.